In part 2 we show how to add fuzzy search to our dropdowns using Levenshtein distance. We discuss some limitations and possible improvements.
Autocomplete or type-ahead fields are used when the large number of options makes it infeasible to use dropdowns containing all the possible options. Let’s learn how to implement them in Wicket.
Just a short note
Learn how to quickly add database communication to your Wicket app using Hibernate and Spring Data JPA while writing almost no code!
In part 2, we get into the nitty gritty details of how to implement the hybrid approach.
Simplify data storage in your apps by using JSON column types instead of relying on database normalization.
Quickly get started creating secure encrypted links in your Wicket application!
Use IMarkupResourceStreamProvider and IMarkupCacheKeyProvider to allow your Wicket Panel’s to generate their own dynamic markup!
Wicket is a very server-side focused framework, so working with ajax requests is quite different from what you might be used. This will show you how to get started quickly!
- KB I hated Wicket when I started my first job in 2014. But that was due to newbie ignorance, and I quickly came to appreciate its simplicity. One Java file, one very very slim HTML file, and that's it. I...
- Dan Haywood Nice to hear you've discovered us. Would love to see you on our slack channel, perhaps you could share your use case?
- E.F.L Also, there exists Apache Isis, which automates the UI creation. It is awesome.
- Olivier Dutrieux Hello @RomanSery, Thx for all your series, very interresting 🙂 Just a mistake on this page : String msg = ((CriticalUpdate)event.getPayload()); is not correct but rather CriticalUpdate msg =...
- René Aravena Hi Roman, I followed your advice and it worked, I had to extend several classes, because in principle, although visually showed the month in Spanish, did not accept dates beyond the 12th day of each...